Engage. Connect. Inspire.
Every great society leaves a meaningful cultural legacy. The people of Dane County, Wisconsin have remarkable gifts to share with the world. Arts, culture, and local history express our common humanity. The Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission within Dane County Government supports these beliefs through its Dane Arts projects and programs.
Dane County Arts and Cultural Affairs is excited to announce a scholarship opportunity to help arts fundraising and development professionals attend the 2020 Fundraising and Development for Nonprofits Conference hosted by the Center for Community and Nonprofits Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The conference takes place May 27 - 29, 2020 at UW-Madison's Union South and will offer interactive workshops, discussions, and techniques to put to work at your organization as well as offer peer networking opportunities.
Dane Arts is able to offer 5 partial scholarships of $300 each to qualified candidates. Click here to start your application. To be considered for a scholarship, send a copy of your resume and the complete scholarship application to Adalia Hernandez Abrego, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 4:00pm. You can also contact Adalia with any questions about the application process.
All scholarship recipients will be asked to submit a short report of their experience following the conference. More details about this requirement will be provided after the recipients are selected.
Dane Arts staff, along with Commission members, offer technical assistance, support, and advocacy countywide. Community service includes: initiating artistic projects, serving as an arts & culture resource hub, and inspiring meaningful connections between artists, presenters, and the community.
- Honoring and celebrating the Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission's community service spanning over four decades.
- Brilliant artwork created by over 100 local individual artists showcased in annual art posters and calendars, of which, hundreds of thousands are distributed near and far.
- Over 60 community murals and 35 storm drain designs created by Dane Arts Mural Arts (DAMA), a community arts effort which was started in 2014 out of this office and is now its own non- profit in partnership with Dane Arts.
- Since 2015, Dane Arts Buy Local Art Market (DABL) has been exhibiting and selling the work of local visual artists in a festive atmosphere with over $150,000 in art sold to date.
- Dane Arts Dance Arts (DADA) supporting and working with local choreographers to produce dance.
- Over 100 local citizens provided service as Commission members and Grant Advisory Panel Members.
- Dane Arts Professional Artists Registry (DAPAR) producing an application for artists across discipline to present, post, and sell their art through Dane Arts.
- Arts, Culture & Local History Grants (2007-2019): over 1500 awards totaling over $8.7 million (public & private sources) leveraging nearly $54.6 million from other community sources.
Support Our Community
Use the Dane Arts Buy Local logo and learn more about our mission.
Forward Madison Game Day Posters
In its inaugural year, Forward Madison Soccer teamed up with Dane Arts. Fourteen artists produced orignal game day poster designs for the Forward Madison Pro Soccer team. The poster designs were a huge hit!